There are many different ways to lose weight. One that has become popular in recent years is called intermittent fasting. When examining the rate of weight loss, people lost about 0.25 kg/week with intermittent fasting, but the people also lost 4-7% of their waist circumference, indicating that they lost belly fat. These results are very impressive!
What is Intermittent Fasting?
Eating from dawn to dusk gives our bodies a steady stream of glucose, damaging in excess. Without a break from the taxing requirements of digestion, most of our population is faced with insulin resistance, weight gain, and disease.
“Fasting and Feasting” or “Intermittent Fasting” is what I call a rhythm of meal timing that maximizes the hormonal benefits of cycling caloric intake. Instead of eating many meals throughout the day, fasting and feasting gives you a compressed eating window. A normal intermittent-fasting protocol is typically 16 hours fasting with 8 hours feeding, give or take a few hours. But some people will slide into, say, 22/2, and I’ve even seen people go days without eating in order to justify and enormous binge.
Benefits of Fasting
- Promoting human growth hormone production, which helps your body burn fat, build muscle, and slow the aging process.
- Normalising insulin sensitivity, which prevents chronic diseases like diabetes, heart disease, and even cancer.
- Regulating ghrelin levels, also known as “the hunger hormone.”
- Decreasing triglyceride levels.
- Reducing inflammation and free radical damage.
How to get started now the fasting?Simple. Tomorrow, make lunch your first meal. If you stop eating at 8pm and don’t eat until noon the next day, that’s sixteen hours of fasting— perfect for stimulating growth hormone, which boosts metabolism, builds muscle, and slows aging.
The fact that you sleep through the majority of your fast makes it relatively painless. If you’ve trained your body to expect food every two hours, then you might feel hungry the first few times you try fasting. But it will all be in your head.
Here’s a sample intermittent fasting schedule over a 24 hour period where you fast for 16 hours and eat over an 8 hour period:
- Sunday night at 8pm: You finish eating your last meal.
- Sunday night at 11pm: You go to bed (so far you fasted for 3 hours)
- Monday morning at 7am: You wake up (so far you fasted for 11 hours)
- Monday 7am-to-12pm: You only spend 5 hours awake fasting
- Monday at 12pm (noon): You’ve fasted a full 16 hours
- Monday from 12pm-to-8pm: You eat 1 or more meals at anytime during this period eating an exact amount of calories as laid out by your current diet plan.
- Monday night at 8pm: Begin 16 hour fast
- Of course, if you want the most effective results keep the general diet rules in the feeding period!
Intermittent Fasting Video tutorial
My suggestion about the Intermittent Fasting
Do 2, maximum 3 Intermittent Fasting day / week. you will see the impressive results if you follow it with a perfect training program.
Be careful with the coffee and tea. In long term the too much acid can damage you stomach! Don’t do it if you have a stressful day. If you know you will have a long and hard meeting or has a deadline… you need your brain 100% of capacity (have to eat). Don’t do it on a hard training day (specially legs workout).